In the current world of business, it is impossible not to mention the great logistics needs experienced by the leading multinationals as well as other local companies. As a company, you will always find yourself needing to transport heavy and overweight packages which you cannot afford to transport with the normal Lorries and trucks used for the normal deliveries. If you are a company seeking to transport such packages, it is usually advised to outsource those services since it may be very costly for you to think of buying yourself a heavy haul trailer whereas you may only need to transport those heavy packages once or twice in a month. Heavy haulers are built with the capacity to sustain the pressure that comes with carrying the extremely heavy packages and this is attributed to the fact that they are built with multiple wheels.
Types of Heavy Haul Trailers
To understand what type of specialized heavy haul trailer you need to hire, it is important that you get to understand the different types of trailers. The major feature used to determine the different types of trailers is the number of wheels that the trailers has.
- 5 axle equipment: This type of trailer is built with 5 pairs of wheels. So in total, the trailer has ten wheels.
- 6 axle equipment. Having understood that the 5 axle wheel has 5 pairs of wheels, it would be very easy for one to conclude that this one has 6 pairs of wheels to give a total of 12 wheels.
- 7 axle equipment. These types of haul trailers are built with 7 pairs of wheels.
- 8 axle equipment. These trailers have 8 pairs of wheels.
- 9 axle equipment. These are probably the biggest and most powerful heavy haul trailers. With a total of 18 wheels, it can carry even the heaviest of packages.
With the above information, you should be in a position to choose which particular type of trailer you need for your logistics needs. Although this is the case, the heavy haul company you prefer for your services, should be able to advice you on the best trailer to use for your needs and therefore establishing the best trailer should not be a big issues.
Benefits of outsourcing the heavy haul trailers services
- To begin if you are a relatively small company, you might find yourself needing these services like once in a month. With such a need occurring only once a month, buying your own heavy haul trailer might be considered rather expensive as compared to hiring a logistics company to conduct the transportation of those heavy packages for you.
- The logistics companies are usually insured and guarantee security of the goods they transport. So giving these companies the mandate to transport your products should not give you sleepless nights since the packages will be delivered to your premises and in case an accident happens, you will no doubt get a compensation plan to suit your loss.
With the above information, you should have to worry about how to transport the rather heavy and huge packages. Simply identify your designated logistics company which will offer you access to its heavy haul trailers.